The East Ivanhoe Traders Association
The East Ivanhoe Traders Association represents the retail traders and businesses of the East Ivanhoe shopping precinct who contribute to a marketing fund administered by Banyule Council. The association is run by the trader’s committee and it acts on behalf of traders to make key decisions relating to promoting the shopping precinct, and promoting the interests of members and their customers.
With more than 80 businesses along Lower Heidelberg Road, it is one of the few remaining Village style shopping strips in Melbourne’s East.
East Ivanhoe traders appreciate the support from their regular customers and in turn try to give back to the local community through events and assisting charitable organisations.
- Continue to support, administer and resource, in collaboration with local traders’ associations, the marketing and management schemes across our retail precinct.
- Support and facilitate place making initiatives that activate precinct spaces, businesses and build identity and appeal.
- Develop a framework to determine priorities for precinct upgrades and capital works across key precincts and explore opportunities to improve smaller strip shopping centres.
- Investigate opportunities for reviewing the current and future needs on industrial areas.
- Continue to provide a broad range of events to meet the needs of East Ivanhoe businesses;
- Provide a small business advisory service and digital business support in collaboration with partners;
- Identify targeted support for new businesses, enhance communications and promote the importance of small business; and
- Celebrate business achievement and excellence via the Northern Business Achievement Awards and the Banyule BestBiz Awards.
Find the latest local business events, news and more at the Banyule Business website.